Monday, January 03, 2022

Winter and Friendship...........

 



Its winter now and the seeds of love lie deep within me

Will spring come over?

I thought by now, I would have met another  ..But it was not to be.

But I can show the world that you were once mine

I can relive our time together

Those precious memories that I yearn to forget

Time slips through my fingers like sand 

The fires of our love have burnt out and now there is nothing, .............

nothing but a sky, Black with ashes

I won’t forget you...... Your kisses like soft fruit

Your laughter bursting into daylight like silver

Your smile like curve of the sickle moon in the night sky

Your luminous beauty..!!

Your goodness, your patience.

How you hung on my every word..

You are now in the arms of another

Who is he, this man?

Does he have poise?   Does he have grace?

Is he a lover or a fighter?

What powers does he have over you?

Do your eyes dance like  fireflies when he comes to you?

Does your body soften as your lips shape his name?

I can’t believe you are so selfish.

You are consumed by love.

How does he cast a spell over you?

Enchant you? Beguile you?

 

 

 

 

When I look back on the darkest moments of our history, I know that we would part..!!

And now I must let you go

We will know deeper, surer love..!!

It begins fleetingly but it deepens and endures

It grows amongst all the strangeness of life

It is a beauty we can always depend on

It is the beauty of Friendship..!!!

 


No comments: